June 18, 2021
Election Day –Friday, September 3rd, 2021
Nominations close at noon on Friday, July 2nd, 2021
• Owners: Must be a member in good standing, who is currently, or was during the prior 12 months, licensed as such by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and who has started a thoroughbred race horse in the current or prior year.
• Trainers: Must be a member in good standing, who is currently, or was during the prior 6 months, licensed as such by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and who has started a thoroughbred race horse in the current or prior year.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be a resident of the Province of Ontario on or before July 1st, 2020.
• Must not work or serve on a board of a racing association, a racetrack operator, a horse breeding association or be a member of a racing commission.
A nominating committee has been formed by the HBPA. They are composing a list of nominees that will be filed with the office of the Secretary Treasurer of the association by noon on Friday July 2nd , 2021 . Due to COVID restrictions – Additional candidates may be nominated by completing a petition form, available by contacting the HBPA of Ontario head office or Lesley Barker [email protected] .ca which must be signed by a least fifteen members in good standing with the association.
The deadline for filing election petition forms is noon on Friday July 2nd, 2021.
Nominations may be submitted by email: [email protected], fax: 416 747 9606; mailed or delivered to the HBPA of Ontario Administrative Office at 135 Queen’s Plate Drive, Suite 4 20, Toronto, Ontario M9W 6V1.
Should you have any questions please our Head Office at 416
747 5252 or 1 866 779 3067.
Election ballots are scheduled to be mailed on July 30th , 2021