February 22, 2021
Dear Fort Erie Horse People,
Fort Erie Race Track in consultation with the HBPA would like to remind all Trainers of the important protocols in place for horses entering Fort Erie Race Track’s backstretch in 2021.
All horses entering Fort Erie Race Track’s backstretch must have the following up-to-date vaccinations:
· EHV 1 vaccine administered to a horse no less than 14 days and no longer than 90 days before entry to Fort Erie Race Track.
· Rhino/Flu shots must be up to date along with any recommended booster shots throughout the season.
· Coggins test must be up to date. Coggins tests are valid for 1 year and must be renewed prior to expiration date.
All horses entering from out of province and country are required to have a veterinary inspection letter. The letter should include the following:
· The horse(s) listed on this certificate of veterinary Inspection:
· Has not originated, nor has come from a barn with a confirmed or suspected case of EHV 1, strangles or any other diseases in the last 30 days.
· Had a fever within the previous 3 weeks.
· Must include the horse’s latest temperature recorded on the letter, by the signing veterinarian.
· Must include the date of the horse’s EHV 1 vaccine including the name of the administered vaccination product.
All vaccination records and veterinary inspection letters must be delivered to the Race Office 24 hours prior to a horse’s arrival at Fort Erie.
All records must be kept up to date. If you have any questions concerning your vaccination records or Coggins Test dates, please contact the Race Office.
All horses entering to train or race on a ship in/ship out basis must have all vaccination records onsite with the Race Office prior to entry.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Fort Erie Race Track